Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3rd

(For the month of August, I will be posting something every single day that, hopefully, betters my life. Or enriches my experience. Or something new. Or something exciting. And I hope that all of you, my friends, join me on this ride.)


If that doesn’t tell you how day two’s experiment went, I don’t know what will. I had a headache all day. I felt tired and miserable. I had mild shakes. Yikes, you’d think I’d quit something really important. Anyway, I got through it without ripping too many people’s heads off. I’m looking forward to a gigantic iced coffee tomorrow. Like, seriously gigantic. I’m going to fill a bathtub with coffee and swim in it.

So, what to do for August 3rd? The plan is to spend the day letting everyone in my life know exactly what they mean to me. I think we (and by we, I mean me especially... remember, I'm selfish) tend to take our loved ones for granted, so I’m going to break that cycle and send a little love around the globe. In other words, expect gushy Michael tomorrow. Ew…

2 comments:

  1. The day after my grandmother died my sister was giving me hell and I was helping my uncle with arrangements so him and I went into this ice cream shop and with my hands spread apart said "I NEED the biggest chocolate and peanut butter shake you have". IT WAS THEE BEST!
    Coffee makes me shake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete