Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6th

(For the month of August, I will be posting something every single day that, hopefully, betters my life. Or enriches my experience. Or something new. Or something exciting. And I hope that all of you, my friends, join me on this ride.)

Loma Linda... It kind of reminds me of Bakersfield, but smaller and less impressive. I think that pretty much sums it up. It's in the San Bernardino area, a part of southern California that does next to nothing for me. Ghetto. Mall. Ghetto. Starbucks. Ghetto. Pho. Ghetto. Bigger mall. Oh, and I did see a Vietnamese joint called A Dong Restaurant. Heh. Why leave home? I guess to remind me that home's not so bad. At least I know exactly where to get a stiff drink and some decent Carribbean food. That's what home is to me.

Today's theme is new experiences. Tonight, I will go play pool with some co-workers. Yes, pool. I have never in my life had any desire to "shoot pool." I still don't, to be perfectly honest. But one never knows when something will be fun, and at least this pool hall serves copious amounts of beer. If the pool fails, there's still booze. And I guess the overall idea is to go out and see what the night brings me. Usually, it's nothing but a mild buzz and some people staring at me. Maybe tonight will be different...

No comments:

Post a Comment