Wednesday, February 11, 2009
How Amanda Palmer Got Me Drug Tested
Things that ruled about today’s job interview:
* The guy interviewing me was actually interested in talking to me.
* Talking about the new Amanda Palmer record with the guy interviewing me.
* Having such a great rapport with the interviewer that I was moved ahead in the process and sent out for a drug test.
* Taking a drug test, for the first time in my life. I feel all modern and stuff.
* Finding out that not just the friend who referred me works there, but an old co-worker does, as well. Oh, and a friend-of-a-friend is an art therapist there. In other words, I’d be working with some pretty cool people.
* The realization that this job has the possibility of being very stimulating and psychologically rewarding.
I’m trying not to get too excited, but it’s hard not to. I have to pass a bunch of other stuff to actually get the job (Department Of Justice clearance, a physical, a training course, etc.), but I’m being positive about all of that.