Monday, December 8, 2008

Crummy Morning

Wow. This morning was pretty sucky. After Sebastian and I got up and had breakfast, I was settling down to use my laptop. My Dad rushed in to tell me that he needed me to look at something quickly. I got up and put my laptop down on the couch and followed him.

You see, a few days ago, I noticed that the weird damp smell in my car appeared to be coming from the trunk. When it rained last weekend, water leaked in. I had cleaned out the trunk and dried it. Well, my Dad checked on it this morning and the upholstery was damp again.

So, he took apart the trunk and found that there were two inches of water in the well where my spare is kept. I had no idea. Every day, the water was condensing and messing up the upholstery. So we drained out the water and started air-drying my car. It's going to take a couple of days to completely dry out. Even parts of the back seat are damp.

Anyway, on to part two of the bad morning. Finishing up with the trunk, I was heading back into the house when I stepped on something sharp. Yep, having rushed out of the house, I wasn't wearing any shoes. So, for the second time this year, I stepped on a piece of glass. Hooray, bleeding foot! Again!

This one took a bit more work to clean up, though. A sliver of glass actually worked its way in so far that I had to do a bit of amateur surgery to get it out. Now I bet you're wondering, "How does the morning get worse?"

Remember my laptop? Yeah. While it was on the couch, it appears that Sebastian got to it. It's frozen in a loop of booting up and restarting. I can't control anything. And nothing I've tried so far has worked. It's just not cooperating. Rather than chuck the thing out the window, I unplugged it and put it in the closet. I'll look at it again later.

One very, very long shower later, here I sit in an Anze Kopitar jersey. Thank Ceiling Cat I have things to do and places to go today. I need a distraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment