Friday, January 9, 2009

Danger. High Voltage.

I have no idea why I bother keeping quiet about MONICA ROSE MARTINEZ around these parts these days. Maybe I just don't like talking about her. Maybe I don't want to sound whinny. Maybe I just want her to go away. But it's hard to make her go away.

So, what happened? Let me put it as simply as possible.

I was in SLO this week. Yesterday, late in the afternoon, I get a voicemail from MONICA ROSE MARTINEZ telling me that there was an accident and Sebastian is hurt. I freak out and call her.

It turns out that she left him alone in the kitchen with a pot of boiling water.

Let me repeat that so it'll sink in:

She left him alone in the kitchen with a pot of boiling water.

Sebastian has a medium-sized burn on his right bicep that's pretty awful-looking. According to MONICA ROSE MARTINEZ, the pharmacist said that it was a 1st degree burn and recommended some remedies, but said it shouldn't need hospitalization unless it gets infected.

She tells me this right before I drive back to Bakersfield to check on him. I got to her house this morning. The burn is really horrible-looking. I can only imagine the pain Sebastian is in right now. Oh, and something else happens. MONICA ROSE MARTINEZ asks me to take her to the bus station. WHAT? She's going to San Diego to fuck her boyfriend.

Let me get this clear? She BURNS her son and turns around less than 24 hours later and wants to leave town?!? WHAT THE FUCK?

Aaaaaand this is why I have lost faith in humanity.

Right now, I'm worried about it getting infected. But he really doesn't want his bandages changed right now, so it sucks. I got to be the bad Dad and take the emotional hit by changing them a few hours ago. He spent an hour not wanting to be anywhere near me afterward, before passing out. He's woken up crying a few times since, but has stayed down.

I have the kid through Tuesday, at least. Hopefully, I'll be able to treat the wound effectively and get him on the right track before MONICA ROSE MARTINEZ demands him back (Once she's had her fill in San Diego, I mean). I don't have a lot of experience with these things. I'm just upset right now.

I wish the state of California didn't automatically view me as a total bastard for having a penis.

I wish the economy weren't so awful that I could get a job with good pay and take care of Sebastian myself and really push that awful woman out of our lives.

I wish I could just figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment